This child loves to be held!!! I made the mistake of letting her sleep in our bed the other night and now she does not want to sleep in her bassinet after she wakes for her first night feeding. She woke up at midnight to be fed and she fell asleep on my chest. As soon as I put her in her bassinet, she woke up, moved around a lot and made little noises until I picked her up. She never cried, but sounded uncomfortable. We played this little game for about 2 hours and then I finally caved in and put her in our bed. I am sure she would have eventually gone back to sleep, but I could not stand letting her lay there awake. Ben heard me say that she had a look on her face that said: Ha! Ha! I won this battle. It was as if she knew I was picking her up to put her in our bed. I love her sleeping in our bed, but know it can be a bad habit to start. I make the bed very safe for a baby before I put her in it.
Ben worked in the yard all weekend and our flower beds/patio look so good now. I cannot wait for all the flowers to bloom!
The Fletchers brought us dinner tonight. They brought yummy Jambalaya, cornbread and cinnamon rolls. I was taking a long nap when Shelly and Lindsey stopped by so I missed them, but Ben got Madeline up so they could meet her. Ben's parents also stopped by so they could see their grandaughter.
My favorite: Peonies
No comments:
Post a Comment