We had a busy week last week. I helped with VBS at our church, which was a lot of fun (all the kids were very sweet and adorable). I helped with the 5 year olds last Monday and then was a crew leader for the 3 year old tug boats on Thursday and Friday. Madeline went to the church nursery while I volunteered last Monday. I felt guilty waking her up early Monday, but she was fine. Monday was her first time to stay in a nursery and the ladies took great care of her. I called Ben on our way to the church and he left work to meet us there (you would have thought it was her first day of school). When Ben and I walked into the room and placed Madeline's carrier on the floor, all the little ones started crawling towards her to check her out.
I was going to check on her at one point and noticed that Ben's mom was in there holding her. I went to get her at noon and the ladies said they rocked her to sleep and then tried to put her in the crib on her back, but she did not like it so they held and rocked her the entire time. They took her and Cooper into the other room to rock them in a quiet and dark room since the older kids were playing. The ladies in the nursery were wonderful and I appreciate them taking such good care of our sweet little girl. Madeline was so relaxed and happy, she did not even wake up when I was trying to put her into her carseat carrier.The night she was born, she had to stay in the nursery because her body temperature was a little low. The next morning the nurses told us that Madeline was a baby that wants to be held all the time. She was held the entire time she was in the hospital nursery on her birth night and this has continued for almost three months now. She enjoys time in her bounce seat, swing, crib or stretched out on the floor or sofa, but she loves to be held too. It may be inconvenient sometimes, but I am cherishing every moment she wants to be held because I know it is only for a short period of time. Before long, she will be crawling/walking and will want to become more independent.
This is why I felt bad waking her up last Monday. Sleeping Beauty looks so peaceful!!
Big Momma arrived Monday afternoon and kept Madeline the rest of the week. They had a lot of fun. One day they had a photo shoot and my mom took like 200 photos!!! Madeline looked adorable in all of them, but I am sure she was probably sick of the flash by the end of the day. I will post some pictures once I download them from my mom's camera.
Tuesday evening Ben's parents treated us and my mom to Theo's.
Wednesday eveing we went to Target with my mom and Aunt Brenda and Thursday night Ben and I went out for a little bit to celebrate John and Coy's 30th bithday. This was our first evening out together since Madeline was born. We got home a little before ten o'clock and Madeline was sound asleep. My mom had her in only a diaper when we got home. Ben said she is naked and quickly put her in pajamas. I have explained to him that babies like to only wear a diaper and it is not like an adult being naked. It got so hot this weekend he left her in only a diaper a time or two when we were home this weekend.
Saturday we went to the pool to visit friends and Ben wanted to check on how people were doing in the golf tournament.
Showing us her hand.
Saturday evening the Reed's and Michelle came over for dinner. Miss Addison is adorable and we cannot wait to meet the newest addition when he is born in November!!! I remember when Addison was born. It is hard to believe she is turning into a little lady. We were too busy visiting and did not get our camera out.
Fox, Bella and Madeline
No comments:
Post a Comment