Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Four Gengerations of Penixes: Grammie, Gran Dad, Dad and Madeline



Last Friday we went to Tuckerman for Madeline to meet Ben's side of the family. She met her Great Grammie, Great Aunts, Great Uncle and 2nd cousin. Little Bit knew something was up and hardly slept the entire way. She usually falls asleep within a few minutes of being put in the car, but she was awake just about the entire 4 hour trip. Luckily, a co-worker had just given me a frog carset toy that plays twinkle twinkel little star and it entertained her when she got bored. Madeline also has very sophisticated taste in music. We were flipping through channels on the radio and she loved the symphony channel. She would relax and listen to the music.
Great Aunt Betsy, Madeline and Grammie
Madeline was not cooperating for the 4 generations picture.






Madeline relaxing in one of the hats that Grammie made. Grammi is VERY TALENTED and made Madeline tons of hats, booties and blankets. I was on etsy last week and saw adorable crocheted flower headbands. I sent the link to Grammie and she crocheted  flowers for Madeline's headbands. I will post pictures of Madeline modeling them. They are adorable.
Great Aunt Lucy, Great Aunt Betsy, Madeline, Gran Dad
Madeline and her Cousin Jake

We did not get a picture of Madeline with her Great Uncle Buddy and Aunt Carol, but we will on our next trip! They gave Madeline the cutest hand puppet/doll and a plate with Proverbs 22:6 painted on it. The doll is very soft, whimsical and the perfect size for Madeline. The other day, she was holding it by its hair in her carseat. This is the first doll she has ever held. I will post pictures when I post pictures of the crocheted flowers.

Ben and I left with a few treats too. They sent 5 Peony plants home with us. We both love peonies and were so excited. Ben planted them right when we got home. We look forward to watching them bloom next Spring. Pucci and Lulu got a lot of love and attention from everyone too!
We had a wonderful weekend and it was a special time for us watching Madeline interact with her family!

One Monday, Ben's parents cooked out. Uncle Judd, Uncle Lee, Gayle, McKenzie, Paige, Shaggy, Fox and Bella were all there too. The kids had a great time. I am so sad we did not get a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment