1 week ago
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Napping in Crib!!
I am going to post about the weekend with pictures later today, but I wanted to report that Madeline is napping in her crib (without the carseat)!! Ben and I love her sleeping with us at night, but we feel she needs to nap in her crib during the day. Well, I decided to start the nap training today. She was getting sleepy around 10:00 a.m. so I put her in her crib. She played in there for a little while and then started getting a little fussy(not crying just fussy), so I went in there and patted her belly and sang twinkle, twinkle little star. I read not to make eye contact, which i tried, but could not resist looking at her. I looked down and she had a huge, adorable smile on her face looking up at me. I wanted to pick her up, but I walked out of the room and shut the door. I was staring at the monitor watching her the entire time I was out of the room. At 10:19 she started getting a little fussy (not crying) so I waited 3 minutes and went into the room. She smiled at me and I patted her belly, made a shushing noise and put a pacifier in her mouth. She was out within 30 secounds!!!! She is sound asleep in her room and now I have some time to clean the kitchen. This is the first time we have gotten her to sleep in her crib. We are so excited and proud. I think Madeline would have done it before, the problem was her parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment