Friday, July 9, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away......

We had a pretty rainy day around here. It cleared off for a little this early afternoon and we got out and about. Before we left, Madeline was napping and Lulu was scratching on my leg and shivering because she is scared of the rain. I put my little baby pouch on and put her in it. She absolutely LOVED it!! She was in the tummy to tummy position and loved looking around.

Today, Madeline and I had a dance party, blanket time(tummy/back time), bounce seat time, sang songs about her eyes, nose, mouth and belly button. We also listened to music on Pandora Radio as we played in her room on the blanket. She love, love, loved shaking and playing with her rattle today. She also makes a funny noise when daddy blows lightly on her face. The noise is hard to explain, but it sounds kind of like she is sucking in air with a little screach (makes a similar noise when she plays and is excited). Ben learned this trick from my dad last Thursday.  Daddy was playing with her tonight and  doing push ups over her and kissing her when he comes down. She thought is was so funny. She was dying out laughing. He was not doing the push ups for exercise, it was just a comfortable position in the space. We love daddy's kisses.

Once the rain stopped we went to sign Madeline up at her little school she will attend two days a week starting in September. She seemed very happy there. One of the teachers was playing with her and Madeline was lauging and smiling at her. Then we headed to Ozark Natural Foods to do a little grocery shopping and we got daddy a special treat. He loves their cherry vanilla granola. I just ate some with greek yogurt and it is good, more like candy. Reminds me of captian crunch. By the way, Ozark Natural Foods must be a stay at home mom hang out. There were tons of moms and their tiny kids in there shopping. I was trying to peek in their basket to get some ideas. One mom was very skinny with a new born, so I picked up the bread that she grabbed and later noticed it is vegetarian and fresh sprouted bread so I took it back and got regular whole wheat they make at the store. What is vegetarian bread? Maybe no eggs??? I am sure she did not have cherry vanilla granola in her basket. I would rather be a little on the chubby side and enjoy regular bread and yummy granola!

After ONF, we headed to wal-mart to pick up Madeline's jumper. I love reading the blog Dear Baby and her little girl loved it so much. I immediately called Ben to tell him to watch it and we both agreed that we must order it right then for Madeline. At Wally World, a lady asked me how old Madeline was and I told her 3.5 months. She was shocked and thought she was so big for her age.

Update: Day 2 of cloth diapers. I still love it. We had one leak before bed last night, but realized we did not wash the cotton inserts enough before we started using them. You have to wash them a lot before using them to get the natural oils in the cotton out to make them more absorbant.

We had a wonderful Friday. Dad got to play a little golf before they got rained out. I went to the grocery to cook tonight but decided that napping with Madeline was a much better idea than cooking so Daddy picked us up Chick-Fil-A on his way home from golfing. Now I am getting off to enjoy my evening with my hubby, baby and two dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment