Thursday, September 2, 2010

5 month update



As you can see from the pictures, it was a lot harder to take her 5 month pictures than previous months. She was much more interested in her surroundings than getting her picture taken! This was the first month she grabbed the sheet of paper with the month and date written on it. As soon as I put the piece of paper down, she would grab it and immediately bring it up to her mouth. I had to put it behind her head in order for her to look at the camera.

She is such a sweet, social and fun little girl. She is surrounded by so much love and attention and she loves it. Madeline wants to be held a lot and wants the attention on her. The dogs always put a big smile on her face and she loves to reach out to pet/grab them. If I have to put her down and she is not happy about it, I know she will be fine in the bounce seat if the dogs are near.  She probably thinks they are little kids with more hair than her. Our Baby Ergo helps us out a lot (I highly suggest one if you have a baby that wants to be held a lot).

Madeline also loves looking in the mirror. We stand in front of a mirror in our den and she laughs at herself and loves to touch the mirror. I love clean mirrors, but I have to admit that I like seeing her little finger prints on the mirror too. When my mom kept her last week, I noticed she cleaned the mirror and pointed out that I missed seeing the tiny finger prints. She has mastered rolling over from both back to tummy and tummy to back. She is very close to sitting up on her own. I am sure this is a skill that we will master in the next month. She laughs a lot and is very ticklish. She loves when you says words over and over with a "B" and thinks they are funny words, like BOO, BOO, BOO, BOO or BAA,BAA,BAA,BAA. Not sure why, but she loves it and it can make a fuss turn into a laugh.

Her bath time is at 7:00 p.m. and she is always asleep by 8:15 p.m. She always sleeps at least 10 hours per night, but still wants a feeding or two throughout the night. This is easy because she still sleeps with  us. She hardly ever cries, but it is probably because when she make a little fuss noise, we are there by her side. Kind of like if she could say jump, we would ask how high.

People always commit on her hair, thighs and teeth.
By the way, her hair has grown like crazy during the past month. Now, I only need to teach this little girl to like headbands and hair bows.

She is a precious miracle and we cherish every moment we spend with her. Mommy and Daddy love you, Darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment