Friday, September 10, 2010

Sick Baby

Well, we are out of bed today, I took the pictures above this morning and now she is sound asleep again. She is trying to recover from a rough day yesterday and last night. We planned on being in the car right now on our way to Pine Bluff for my 10 year high school reunion, but staying here and getting my baby well is sooooo much more important.

She has been the best sick baby. She still smiles and laughs! She did not mind me using the nose bulb the first day, but now she pushes is away when she sees it coming (who can blame her). I feel so bad doing it because it seems like I am going to suck her brains out, but the nurse told us to agressivly use the bulb. Poor thing has to breath out of her mouth a lot, which she does not care for. The stomach bug does not seem to bother her very much, she does not cry or anything after she gets sick. I know it bothers me a lot more than it bothers her, and it bothers her daddy a lot more than it bothers me. He cannot stand to be in the room when I put saline drops in her nose! He just brought me something for lunch  and we decided I am going to have to be bad cop because he is not going to be able to tell her No... He got a smile on his face thinking about him being good cop and me being bad cop.

We were in bed all day yesterday. She wanted her mommy right by her side. I got up a few times to do laundry and clean a little, but she would wake up and not go back to sleep until I was there by her side. When Ben came home, he walked in and said we had a nest in the bedroom. We had everything we needed  within arms reach plus 2 humidifiers going. The nurse said it was very important to have a humidifier going so we had ours going and on Ben's way home to check on his baby girl he stopped by Target and got a cute kid elephant humidifier. We always pick elephant items in honor of Rick, since he hunts them and has even been stomped by one and survived.

I swear her belly looks smaller today. I think she lost some weight yesterday, but I know she will gain it right back. The only thing I worried about was her getting dehydrated. I was a little obsessed with checking her diaper and hoping for a pee pee diaper. She needed to have 3 wet diapers in a 24 hour period or we had to go to the doctor. I only had to change 2 diapers yesterday, which was crazy. Her third wet diaper happened during the night so we were good.

We survived the worst part of her sickness! Maybe she wont be sick again for another 5 1/2 months!

P.S. We planned for Madeline to have her first bite of  real food yesterday, but the plan got put on hold becasue of the little bug. I went to ONF on Wednesday, bought an organic butternut squash and baked it Wednesday night for her to eat on Thursday. I froze most of it in ice cube trays so she can have it in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment