Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just the two of us!

When Ben picked up Madeline from school today, the first thing her teachers mentioned was she is about to walk! Last Thursday evening, while Ben was packing for his fishing trip she was standing up and took a double step with one foot, but I was not sure if it counted or not. Ben said it does, but she took the double step and then decided she wanted to crawl instead. I cannot believe our Baby Girl is about to walk.

I remember when I signed up for the baby center email right when I found out I was pregnant, then they started sending me emails about babies and now they are sending emails that say your toddler..... wow, how time has flown by!

As I mentioned above, Ben went on his yearly guys fishing trip and Madeline and I had a girls weekend. I was a little nervous about our first weekend alone. We survived and it confirmed that I can do it alone when he is away. Not that I want to do it alone, but I am more confident for his next trip which is twice as long. We missed him so much and I know he missed his little butter bean (one of the nicknames he calls her) because he kept looking at her pictures on the blog while he was gone. Ben's parents came over Saturday and kept Madeline while I ran some errands and treated us to dinner at Green House Grill. Thanks so much! I guess I cannot officially say I conquered the weekend alone since they helped a lot on Saturday.

Some pictures from our weekend....

Friday, we went to Wilson Park for a long outing. We walk to Gulley park everyday, but Gulley does not have swings so we loaded the little pink car into the 4 Runner and headed to Wilson Park.
She screamed when I took her off the pink car, but was super happy again when I put her in the swing.





After swinging, we headed down to the little kids play area.
Madeline loved the animals.
By the way, the pink car was very popular.
All the little kids kept coming over,wanting to play with it. I heard one little girl tell another that she knew the car belonged to her because she had on a pink dress that matched the pink car.

Then we went home to play.
Madeline is getting better with bows in her hair and I wanted to try on the headband/Flower Madeline's Great Grammie made it. It fit perfectly and she left it on for a long time...

and then decided she had enough of bow time.

When we play inside, we open the windows and look outside a lot. Madeline loves to watch the squirels by our front tree and she yells the word puppy to them over and over.



 Playing in PJs Saturday morning.

 She always tries to help put the lens cap back on the camera...
Madeline letting me know that it is impossible to crawl in her Sunday dress.




 Below you can see some of the bruises she has gotten over the past week.
She is a dare devil and has taken a few spills.
She likes to try and dive off of anyting including out of people's arm.
The worst bruise right on her check bone happened while I was holding her. She started to dive out of my arms and off the chair and hit her cheek bone dead center on the wooden arm of the chair.
Yesterday, Michelle told me I need to put a helmet on her until after her Birthday party on Saturday!



 Had to show the back of her head. Her hair has gotten so thick and long.
 Madeline reaches her arms out and opens and closes her hands, which means come and get me. When I  picked her up from the church nursery on Sunday the ladies said she kept doing this, but they made her crawl to them before they would pick her up. As soon as they would pick her up, she would dive back down to the floor.
 More time in the window.
You cannot really see, but she has a little wet wipe in her hand. Whenever she has something like that, she starts wiping down the surfaces around her. Wonder where she picked that up from? She even turned around and wiped down her ottoman after I took this picture. I really like it when she wipes off her play mat we have in the floor, such a great helper!
So glad it is Spring!!! First day of Spring last year was my due date and we got 12 inches of snow. What a difference a year makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment