Well, Ben and I have been dreading moving Madeline to her crib. We love her sleeping with us every night. We have changed up bedtime the last week and I have have been holding her in the chair in her room while she falls asleep instead of putting her down in our bed. Well, last night I bit the bullet and put her down in her crib after she fell asleep in my arms. She let out a little cry when I put her down, but I placed my hand on her back and she went right to sleep. She did not wake up until 3:30 this morning. She started crying so Ben grabbed her and put her our bed to enjoy some cuddle time before it was time to wake up for the day.
Side note: this is the first time we have ever put her in the crib to sleep at night. I know a lot of you are rolling your eyes and laughing at us.
I had the monitor across the room where I could see and hear everything. When Ben came to bed he said, this is not going to work and moved it to his bedside table. We had the screen portion on the entire night and I caught him checking it a lot. The funny part is, her room is like 5 steps from our room.
It was weird getting in bed without a baby next to me. She has been right there for over a year. I could get up, watch anything without worrying about disturbing her, etc...... I have to admit it was nice.
P.S. I had plans to try it last week, but Ben came in the nursery and asked if I was putting her down in the crib after she falls asleep. I said yes, and then he walked out of the room. He came back a few minutes later and asked if we could hold off moving her to her crib. He is crazy about her and Madeline loves to cuddle with him while they sleep. She wakes up, points right to him says Dad-dy. Since he works all day, this is their time to bond and be close. So sweet.
1 week ago
Yahh Madeline!!!
ReplyDelete