bar-b-que lunch by Whole Hog. My dad was in town from Louisiana, my brother, my uncle Larry, Evelyn, my Grandmother, cousin Devin and Alaynia were all there to celebrate with us. Devin and Alaynia did a great job decorating my grandmother's dining room
Sunday was bitter sweet though. The lunch was wonderful, but I missed my grandfather at the dinner table. He was in the hospital for awhile and he is currently in a rehab facility getting his strength back so he can come home soon! Sunday was the first time in my 28 years that I have sat at their dinner table and him not sitting with us. So sad, but I know he will be back home soon.
After lunch, Madeline got to open a birthday gift from her Great Uncle. By the way, Ben stripped her for lunch and then she stayed undressed for a little while. Looking back at pictures, Madeline has been stripped down to her diaper a lot this summer.
Madeline found a little tube of my lip glass and would not give it back. Thankfully, it was clear!
Then we went to visit my grandfather. Madeline was a little shy at first but she eventually warmed up.
At one point, she walked up to him and held his hand. I know he loved it.
I love the picture on the wall next to my grandfather. He got a wheel barrow for a gift and my grandmother jumped in and he pushed her around. My grandfather LOVES to garden. He has a huge garden with tons of wonderful vegetables. He was gardening this spring up until the day he went into the hospital. He has been saying he needs to go home to pick his tomatos.
Making her funny face for Mam-maw and Pap-paw
Ben kept saying that Madeline loved a painting in one of the rooms and kept running to it. I never went to check it out, but Ben took a picture of Madeline in front of it (below). I never dreamed it looked like this.
Once we took my grandmother and Dad back to her house we headed back to Hot Springs. Before we left my grandmother's, Madeline was out. I guess that is a sign of a great day. Madeline had tons of fun and wore her self out.
Thanks for such a fun day filled with great food, fun and lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment