Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hello 30s!

Nice to meet you 30s!
 Graham woke up bright and early (4:15 am) to greet me. I guess he wanted to be the first to wish me a Happy Birthday.  While I was in the shower, I heard the bathroom door slam open, and heard a little angels voice say "Hey Mom, Happy Birthday!!!". I have to say this was the best start to a new decade. I look forward to getting to know you better throughout the years.

I accomplished a lot in my 20s. I met Ben when I was 20, got my first dog (big responsibility at the time), graduated college, moved to Washington DC (first time my parents were far enough away I could not always run to them, which made me grow up a bit), first real job (even though it was at Tiffany & Co.), got engaged, married and spent the second half of my twenties either pregnant or having a babies. Pregnant at 26, Madeline was born when I was 27, pregnant at 28 and Graham was born when I was 29. My 20s were amazing (and may have shaved a few years off my life, lots of fun times) but I have a feeling my 30s are going to be a lot better and I want to focus on getting healthy and back in shape (and maybe one more baby- no pressure Ben)

My sweet hubby planned a little surprise party and actually pulled it off. Once I arrived, I realized he had snuck chaffing dishes, pictures, vases, etc... out of our house and I had no clue! He said he learned he could get away with a lot and I would have no clue. He was so sweet and even did the flowers for the party. The week of the party he said he went to Sam's and I asked him what he bought and he said "nothing, I just went to window shopping" and I believed him! He loves Sam's and never just window shops . He also brought a few flowers home for Madeline and he told me he got them off of a ladies desk at work. He even dressed up before we left our house since he told me we were going to a nice dinner. Once we were at his parents for the party he changed into very casual/comfy clothes. Ben had this all planned out.

When we left the house, he put a scarf over my eyes. I just thought he did not want me to see a car of a friend at the restaurant. I never dreamed we were going to his parents house with several good friends, my mom, grandmother, aunt, uncles, cousin, my sweet babies(best part) and their friends! The next morning, my grandmother said it was like a daycare. It was a perfect evening and I would not change a thing!
My mom was on the front porch when people were arriving and Madeline said "These are our guests, they are all nice people." Such a sweetie. Madeline LOVES birthday parties and I heard she was very excited about the party! Ben did not tell her until she was at his parents waiting on me. He knew she would tell me.



Graham, Reynolds, Connor and their Daddies!
Future partners in crime! They all have PB blood running through their veins!




Ben raided our garage and found an old glamour shot of my mom and me when I was little (see on wall in picture above).
Maybe we will get a family picture when everyone is looking at the camera at the same time in my next decade.












Last Thursday, my actual Birthday, we woke up and headed to Pine Bluff. That was our first stop on our way to Nashville, Tennessee for another surprise party! When we got to PB, my mom had a birthday set up to greet us.

































No comments:

Post a Comment