Loaded up and heading to our precious little boy's Baptism!
Sunday, September 30, 2012
A few attempts at getting everyone to look at the camera.
Graham with his Great Uncle Larry and Great Grandmother
On this very joyous Christening day, may God, who loves us all, smile down upon you Baby Graham; so precious and so small. May He guide you through the years that lie ahead.
Your father and I pray that God will keep you forever in His care
You are wrapped in God's precious love,
May he bless, guide and protect you
Keeping you safe, healthy and happy from above.
God bless you little Angel.
There was a big screen behind us with Baby Graham's picture and one across from it.
During
the service, Madeline said -"Look, there is another picture of Baby
Graham" and pointed to the other screen. She was pretty impressed.
Afterwards we had a small luncheon at Springdale Country Club to celebrate the joyous occasion.
Ben's mom volunteered to go, but was a little nervous because she did not wan to mess the cake up.
So My Uncle Larry rode with me to pick up the cake.
When we got home he grabbed the cake box. If you are familiar with rick's cake boxes for taller cakes it has a handle at the top(kind of the shape of build a bear boxes). He dropped it on his foot and said it's fine. I do not think he know it had 2 tiers and assumed it was fine. I caught a glimpse of the cake through the handle hold and could see that the cake was smashed against the side of the box. So... We loaded up and headed back to Rick's bakery. I told them what happened and they took a look. It looked worse than I expected. The bottom tier practically collapsed, etc.... They were great, said it would take about 20 minutes to fix (I think they decorated a new cake). I have always enjoyed their desserts, but they were soooo nice and had no problem helping us in our predicament.
I was calm the entire time, since having kids, I have learned there are a lot more important things to life than a pretty cake. My Uncle felt awful, I told him the taste is what matters most and I knew it would taste great no matter what. He said - " I think the look of the cake is really important, too". Yeah, I wanted Graham to have a pretty cake, but it would not put a damper on my sweet boys special day.
Kids Korner
The Special Boy was exhausted by the end of lunch....
We are so blessed to have you in our life.
May your little life be filled with special blessings from above and your Christening day was touched with very special love.
No comments:
Post a Comment