My Dad to visit and we headed to Crystal Bridges...
One day my Dad and Ben played golf so Graham and I took Madeline to get her first official Manicure/Pedicure.
She was a little timid at first, but she quickly warmed up and loved it.
I told myself on the way there I would keep my mouth shut and let her pick what color she wanted, not what I wanted her to have.
She picked pink for her toes with a flower painted on the big toe. Perfect!
Then for her finger nails, she said she wanted purple. Purple? I picked her up and said, well look at all the colors and see if there is one you like better. This was my silent way of way of steering her towards pink. She then saw orange and said I want orange? I guess my little trick did not work. Once more, I said, look at all the colors and then pick. Well, she ended up picking green with sparkles.
This is the life!!!
Getting a pedicure in a teddy bear chair, while eating goldfish/animal crackers!
Madeline looked down and saw her painting on the clear undercoat. Madeline quickly informed her that was not the color she picked out. She said" that is not the color I picked out, I picked pink." The sweet girl told her it was a bottom coat and she would paint pink over it. Madeline said okay and then informed her she was painting her fingers nails next. I think that confirms she got very comfortable with the situation very quickly and looks forward to her next visit. The other day she told me she wanted purple and clear polish.
Brother was so good and patiently waited on sister getting pampered.
That night we celebrated my Dad's birthday.
Showing off the princess napkins and plates she picked out for the party.
She also got a princess ribbon for him to wear and a birthday princess card that sang: Anyone can be a princess when he opened it.
I love to cook, but this night we picked up AQ Chicken and had an Edward's key lime pie(they are delicious).
Madeline decided to eat out of the pie plate.
Ben woke up at 3:30 am to smoke a pork butt on his new smoker my mom and rick passed along to him during their move. When finished, it was beautiful and was delicious. Good Job, Babe! Ben said hopefully we will have more late games next year (which also means we have to win more:)), he will never get up and do this before another 11 game.
No comments:
Post a Comment