Sunday, December 2, 2012

Our Weekend

Last week I posted I did not have time to blog because Graham had a high fever, well I woke up at mid-night Friday night with the stomach bug! No fun and I had to miss the Holiday Train ride I was looking forward to Saturday morning. 

Madeline has her own style and wanted to wear the headband.




 Sunday, I woke up and felt like a million bucks compared to Saturday so we headed to church and then the club for lunch. Guess I did not feel well enough to cook:)
The weather was gorgeous so Madeline got a golf cart ride...

 She thought this cart looked more fun....
In order to get her away, I had to tell her that they keep lions in the cage on that cart.(Bad Mommy)
At home, she has quite the imagination and will run out and say mommy, you have to come in here with me..... there are lions.

 I cannot remember what I said, but in the picture below, I meant to me something funny for her to look at me and smile but I got the Huh?What did you say? Look instead.
 It was beautiful weather (I think it was around 70 degrees) We played outside before rest time. I wish it was still called nap time. Madeline hardly ever naps any more, maybe 1 day a week. And Graham is following in her foot steps. He napped for about an hour on Sunday. He needs to nap a few more hours, but he does not want to miss a beat, just like his sister and daddy.


 And we picked up a few leaves....


 Walking bag of leaves.
I went over and said lets use this bag, picked her up and said, well this bag is full and turned her upside down. She loved it...


 We also did our own family Advent activity this evening.
Madeline LOVES Birthdays and is soooo excited about Jesus' Birthday or Baby Jesus as she likes to say. 
She does not understand Santa and getting presents, she is focused on a Birthday coming up. I think we will definitely have to have a birthday cake for Jesus this year. After Thanksgiving I mentioned Santa and asked her what she would like Santa to bring her and she said a Turkey and a white sippy cup. 
This evening we turned off all the lights except for the Christmas tree lights and we discussed today being the first Sunday of Advent Season. I explained it means -coming, today we begin to remember the coming of someone. Do you know who that someone is? Madeline answered "Baby Jesus" which made me a proud mommy. I also asked her the name of Baby Jesus' Mommy and Daddy and she answered Mary and Joseph. She learned that the other day playing with the Little People Nativity Scene (Thank you, Spencer Family!)
We discussed how many candles were set up (I should of had 4 purple, but all white works this year). We discussed each candle representing something special about the coming of Christ. The first candle is the "Candle of Promise" And we all said Candle of Promise together. And we discussed the promise and at the closing we lit the first candle and I told her again to remember that it stands for God's promise that Jesus would be born. 
Afterwards, I asked her what Candle we lit tonight and she answered - the 1 candle. I was hoping for the Candle of Promise, but the 1 candle works, too.

After we lit the candle she was not into getting her picture taken. I used a little head lamp to read my notes since the house was dark and she cared more about the headlamp than documenting our special moment.

















No comments:

Post a Comment