Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

BestValentine's gift ever from my sweet Baby Graham! Daddy Bear came pretty close though!
In the picture, he looks so tired! And I have never figured out why the teachers always leave bibs on them when they take pictures. Oh well, I love a picture no matter what and am so Thankful for it!


We are not ones to go out and buy a lot for Valentine's Day. We usually do a low key dinner with fabulous food cooked by Ben. This year Ben went all out and I bought quite a bit for the kiddos. It was nice for a change, but we will go back to our more simple Valentine's Day next year. We try to celebrate Love and our family regularly with candlelit dinners, etc... so Valentine's is not that different, except we put lots of whipped cream and sprinkles on our healthy morning food items and smoothies.

When Madeline woke up, we called Daddy and he ran home from work so we could open our goodies!





 I have wanted vintage lockets from Mae's Emporium for awhile and they got an M and G locket in so Ben surprised me with them. I loved the vintage valentine card that was attached to the wrapping. 
Mae's adds extra special touches!!



 I opened the M locket and it had a black and white picture of a man inside. I would love to know the stories behind the lockets. I may just leave him in there and put Madeline's picture over it.












 Headed to Kindermusik class with Ms. Ruth!
We all wore Valentine colors!


 When we got home, we had Madeline and I had a surprise from Grandpa Gary at the front door.
My dad has sent me Valentine flowers for as long as I remember and now Madeline gets them too!



 That evening, Grandmommy and Grandad brought the kiddos Valentines....
Graham not so sure about his....










 Madeline giving her sweet hugs!

We begged Ben's parent to stay and eat. We would not take no for an answer soooo Ben, Madeline and Grandad ran back to Richards for 2 more fillets. 
Betsy kept saying she hated barging in on our romantic Valentine's dinner..... yeah right, with 2 kiddos!!! Plus, we had a special night out the Friday before. Ben's parents got us tickets to the play Memphis at Walton Art Cente. It was so fun and I loved watching the dancers that were in my yoga class that week. Ben said the guy that visited my yoga class was the best, I agree!!!

steaks Ben picked up from Richards.
They were wonderful!!! One of the best ever!
 Trying to find the ear.
Madeline is addicted to rubbing ears!




 Still not sure about his Valentine gift..... His name is Cupig

 I'm outta here!!!
As we were going to bed we got another delivery from Mam-maw and Uncle Larry! 
Our UPS guy comes so late!!! We had so much fun opening it and finding all kinds of goodies!
And my mom/rick gave us some money to spend on something fun.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful Valentine's!!!!
I know it is not about all the special gifts, but about the love and we surely felt loved, but I have to admit that we feel your love being sent to us everyday! I feel so blessed that my children are in a family that loves them so much and people show/tell them how special and loved they are. 

Graham was waving bye bye when his grandparents were leaving. Grandmommy started blowing kisses and he blew them back. I believe this was the first time he blew kisses. What a great Valentine's Day trick!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

xoxo,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment