Thursday, July 15, 2010

One year ago......


One year ago today, we found out about our sweet little butterfly! We have never called her a butterfly, but I thought it was appropriate because Ben said Madeline looks like a caterpillar in her woombie (pictures above) and she kind of did go from a caterpillar at this time last year to our BEAUTIFUL butterfly today. We did a little celebrating and went shopping for her and then we went to get Olivia a birthday present. Happy Birthday Olivia!!!

A year ago today I was sitting at work wondering could I be pregnant? Am I pregnant?? I had been so tired and had told my mom the week or two before that I thought something was really wrong because I would get up and be exhausted an hour or two later. Later, my Mom said it crossed her mind that I may be pregnant but never said anything and somehow it did not cross my mind. We were ready and decided that we wanted to get pregnant after our second anniversary, which was May 5, 2009. Well I went to the hairdresser on my lunch break and I was talking to her about how she found out, how soon she took a pregnancy test, etc..... I did not mention anything to her about myself, but talking to her convinced me that I should go and by a test. Well after work I went to Walgreens to buy one. I was so embarrassed looking at them and looked around to make sure no one was around (stupid, I know) and rushed to the check out. I just wanted to buy it and get out of there! The cashier brought up that I was buying a pregnancy test and politely told me that she hoped that I get the answer I was hoping for.... Thanks, but I wanted to tell her to mind her own business and to just put it in a bag so I could get out of there. I came home and immediately took it. I went back after a minute or so and it said POSITIVE! I was so excited, started jumping around while running to the phone saying Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh..... I called Ben and asked where he was and he said he would be home in a few minutes. I called him several times in about 5 minutes to see where he was! He probably got the idea after the third call. I could not wait for him to come in when I heard the garage door opening so I ran out, started crying and told him I was pregnant and started showing him the test. He was sooooo excited. Ben had wanted to become a Dad since the day we got married, but we knew we needed some time alone as newly weds. We went to dinner to celebrate and then headed to the hospital to take Erica Baker some Chick-Fil-A. She was starving after delivering Olivia. I wish I felt good enough to eat Chick-Fil-A after Madeline arrived!! At the hospital people asked us when we wanted to start having kids and Ben and I looked at each other with a smile and loved that we were the only ones that new our wonderful secret. We looked at them and said  "we've been talking about it".

No comments:

Post a Comment