Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What we have been up to

Madeline and I had a lot of fun on Monday. We got up and Madeline helped me make my breakfast. She sat in her Bumbo chair on the counter and watched me pour milk on my cereal. I actually made the cereal (granola) on  Friday but she liked watching me get the stuff out and pour the milk. Seeing her in the kitchen and getting interested in food gets me excited about when we can starting making and experimenting with food for her! We did some laundry and then we headed to the library for Baby Bookworms.



At Baby Bookworms, Madeline got very stimulated during the song if your happy and you know it. She started jumping up and down in my lap, bouncing her arms and started talking very loudly! We then got to jingle bells during one song and the leader carried a bubble maker around during the song Baby Beluga. She loved looking at the bubbles. The first time around I blocked the bubbles from popping on her, but let them pop on her the second time around. She made the face she makes in the bath when she thinks  water is about to splash in her face. She did not seem to mind the bubbles at all, just made a funny face. The third time around I had to block her because the bigger kids were following the bubble machine trying to pop the bubbles with their jingle bells. They were swinging hard at the bubbles and I thought one little girl was about to whack Madeline in the head as the bubbles were coming down on her. The leader noticed and said for the big kids to be careful because this class was for the babies.

I think I have the lingering effects of pregnancy brain.....

Exhibit A: I was so proud of myself for starting early on Monday pumping milk for Betsy(a.k.a. Grandmommy) to use on Tuesday. Well, early Tuesday morning, I grab a bottle to take to work from the clean/sanitazited tray of bottles and realized I put the bottle of pumped milk in the tray instead of the refrigerator! I was so sad while pouring a whole bottle of liquid gold down the drain.

Exhibit B: As I was getting out of the shower on Tuesday, I thought my wet hair felt weird/not squeaky clean. I went on my way and it dawned on me that I forgot to use shampoo!!! I remember getting in and focusing on exfoliating my skin and then rinsing my hair like it had shampoo on it. It was too late once it dawned on me what happened.

or

Maybe I am just getting Old! I am turning 28 on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment