Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Behind...

I am way behind on posting and adding things everyday for what I am Thankful for. I am not even going to attempt to make up the days that I missed. Madeline is finally over her cold and Sunday afternoon I started feeling awful. Yesterday, I was so sore, even my eyeballs hurt! I pray that I am not getting a virus. We went to Gusanos last night and I just stared at our large pizza as Ben ate it. I have to feel really bad to pass up pizza!

I have also been feeling a little overwhelmed with being a mother lately. I LOVE being a mom, but it is so different than I expected. I really thought I would get dressed up every morning, have breakfast prepared for Ben before he headed out to work. our house would be perfect and there would be a wonderful dinner on the table as I  handed Ben a cocktail as he walked in the door from work . I am a person that likes to be organized and in control and I feel like it is impossible for me to be both since Madeline was born. Some days it stresses me out, but I need to learn to be more flexible. I also look at other moms that seem to have it together and wonder how they do it when I struggle getting us out of the house. I love the blog dear baby and  she posted about her Failures and Successes and it comforted me. I guess a lot of moms feel the way I do. Click HERE to read the post. I never read comments, but I did on this post and I found one of my favorite quotes, which is something I need to write down and remember as I raise a family.  "Comparison is the thief of joy"  I guess I can say I am thankful for the perfect timing of her post.

I missed posting on Veteran's Day. I am so thankful to all the Veteran's. You and your families have made huge sacrifices for us. My step dad was in Canada hunting on Veteran's Day and the place he was staying surprised him with a special Veteran's cake. I am so glad that he was recognized on such a special day. By the way, he got a 350 pound mule deer and it was a 190 point on their point system. He got back last night and they lost his luggage, I mean the animal. I cannot imagine checking horns and a animal skin. This morning a worker for the airport drove the animal to Pine Bluff. When it arrived it was only 90% still frozen! Gross!!

Well, I am getting so excited about the Holiday season. I cannot wait to see Madeline's face when she gets to experience Santa and Christmas lights/decorations for the very first time. While we are on the subject, I am about to order Madeline a Christmas present once I figure out which print I like the best.

I promise to post pictures very soon. I have over a week and a half worth of pictures to download tonight!

xoxo,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment