Saturday, November 20, 2010

War Eagle Mill

When my mom was in town, we headed to War Eagle Mill for lunch. I have always heard about this place, but have never been out there. It is famous for the War Eagle Craft Fair they host every year.

 I did not know what to expect. The building is a lot older than I expected. When we arrived, Madeline was sound asleep so I rolled Madeline's stroller in the front door and the restaurant is on the third floor and there is not an elevator, just a very tiny stairwell. We put the stroller up and I carried her car seat carrier up the stairs.

 Madeline had her little cold then, but seemed to really like the mill. She could not keep her eyes off the wheel and belts working to grind away.

 Madeline could not look away






 We bought some stuff in the shop and our favorite has been the whole wheat walnut cinnamon pancake mix. It is delicious and taste wise, you cannot tell it is whole wheat. It is really, really good!


The restrooms were true outhouses! There was a whole in the ground. I did not go in there, but that is what my mom told me.





No comments:

Post a Comment