1 week ago
Friday, December 17, 2010
8 Month Update
I cannot believe I am just now getting to Madeline's 8 month update! She will be 9 months next Friday (Christmas Eve). Madeline was tons of fun, very active and learned to communicate what she likes and dislikes. As you can see above, she does not like headbands and bows. You can also see she likes carrots. I took the pictures after lunch and I did not do a very good job getting the carrots off her face. She has a slight orange coloring around her mouth. She had her first temper tantrum (back arching, kicking, pulling her hair). The temper tantrums happen when I put her down for her nap. This girl hates to go down for a nap,but is a good napper once she goes down. She moved from her whale of a tale tub to her duck tub and loves playing in the bath. She went from the sitting position to all fours and can lean over, reach in any direction and does not fall. She loves to pet the dogs and watch them play. She loves attention and loved all the attention she got over her 1st Thanksgiving. Still loves her school and teachers. Is a big eater now. Loves lots of food but I think she loves bananas (roasted bananas were really a hit). Is not a fan of chick peas. She started sitting in the buggy seat while we go grocery shopping. She started holding her hand up and saying bye.
She is still sleeping with Ben and me at night. We have not even tried to put her in the crib at night. We keep saying we are going to move her, but we really, really love her next to us at night.
We love everything she started doing even if it is a little tantrum. I want her to express her feelings no matter good or bad. I may feel differently when she starts having them in public one day. We are so blessed to have such a special little girl in our lives. We love you, Madeline!!!
xoxo,
Leslie
Labels:
Monthly Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment