I have enjoyed the past few weeks at Church celebrating Advent and Christmas. I am still learning new things about this special time of the year. The Spencers gave Madeline a navity playset and we have had so much fun playing with it. I tell her about Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the three Wisemen, the angel and animals. Madeline likes to throw them around and chew on them this year, but I know it will be make learning the reason for the season so much fun in the future. Baby Jesus helped her 5th tooth break through today! It is the tooth on the side of her front top tooth.Thank you, Cy for the wonderful playset!
Speaking of Advent, I know how I want to celebrate Advent with Madeline next year. I was looking around for Calendars to order and came across this idea on Georgie Girl Blog.
You can create your own Christmas Book Advent Calendar, by wrapping 24 Christmas Books in festive holiday paper. Label each book with the 24 days until Christmas and display them somewhere in your home . Each night, your kids get to unwrap one book and that is their bedtime story for the evening.
I will be on the lookout for Christmas books on sale after Christmas and will the use the same books each year.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo,
Leslie

we did the book advent calendar last year and i found lots and lots of good christmas books at tj maxx. glad madeline likes her nativity scene :)
ReplyDelete