I am finally back in action. Below is what we have been up to the last two weeks.
Before I start, I want to mention that I have missed several special days over the last month that I want to mention. At the end of April, two very special people in our lives celebrated Birthdays. My mom and Grandfather(88th) celebrated birthdays!!!! Happy Belated Birthday! Ben and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary on Cinco de Mayo. I cannot believe it has been 4 years since I walked down the aisle to marry my best friend! Love you honey! My grandparents celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Wow, what a great example you set for us!!!! I love you all and are so thankful that you are in our lives!!!
Two weeks ago today we headed down to Hot Springs for the weekend. On Friday we drove to Little Rock to visit my Grandfather in the Hospital. Madeline's great Grandparents were so glad to see her and all the nurses would come in and say, you must be the special visitors today. They were so sweet and accommodated the different things they had to do with my grandfather around our visit.
Madeline wanted to walk up and down the hospital hall all day in her squeaky shoes, but her dad put a stop to that because he saw a sign that said " Please be quiet, healing in process".
Madeline loved the dessert on the hospital tray....
Once Pap-paw headed to dialysis, we headed to the hospital cafeteria.
All the attention and playing in the hospital wore her out.
Nap time! I actually think it was nap time for Mam-maw, Pap-Paw and Madeline. Our super busy girl can wear you out. She definitely gets her energy level from her Daddy.
Unfortunately, Pap-paw was not back in the room when we gave our good bye kisses and headed back to Hot Springs. We had a great day visiting. We miss you and love you so much! Please get well soon Pap-Paw so we can visit you at home!!!
Then we headed to Hot Springs for some relaxation!
Are Baby booties not the cutest! Well, technically Madeline is now a toddler so I take that back, Are toddler booties not the cutest!
Little story about the next three pictures. Madeline loves to play outside and I let her get dirty if she wants. Well her shoes get dirty and lets just say her very neat and tidy Daddy cannot stand it. As soon as she comes in, Daddy grabs the shoes, takes the inserts out, washes them, washes the shoes and then puts tissue in the shoes to form and dry them.
How I found the shoes:
I had to take the inserts off for a picture to show the trouble he went through for them to dry properly.
To solve the dirty shoe problem, I ordered Madeline some outdoor shoes and they are super easy to wash. I have never gotten into the crocs so I ordered Madeline some Natives and I love them!!! So easy to wash and cute too!
Madeline loves her outdoor toy bin.
Last Saturday we headed to Gulley park for the Dogwood Walk, which raises funds for the Humane Society. Next year we will be prepared (dress our dogs up) and get our dogs registered for the competitions. The Mayor, a judge for the event, came up and checked out Pucci and Lulu and asked for their competition number. So sad we did not have one, but like I said we will be prepared next year. The dogs below would have gotten my vote. I asked the owner if he, yes he, dresses them up everyday because they were so comfortable, but he said only for the Dogwood Walk and Halloween.
Pucci was in a bad mood and I had strep throat so we did not stay very long. Strep throat will not keep me away from Lowes so we made our weekly trip to Lowe's after the park.
Madeline helping mommy cook.
More outdoor playtime.
Loves to climb up her slide.
Madeline loves to hide under the table and eat her snacks. We act like we do not know where she is and she starts making noises so we can find her. She thinks it is a really, really fun game.
On Wednesday night we headed to Ben's parents in order to survive the terrible weather that was coming in. Fortunately, it was not as bad as they had expected in our area, but other areas were hit and I will keep all the storm victims in my prayers. I was worried about the storm so Ben got me a bike helmet and brought Madeline's to his parents and cleaned out the big space they have under their stairs and made it nice and cozy in case we had to use it. Thanks, honey we love you for taking such good care of us!
And I have to mention it, sadly, yesterday was Oprah's last show! So sad, tear, tear. We recorded it and Ben was a nice husband and watched it with me last night. He CANNOT STAND OPRAH so it was very nice of him to watch it with me and he watched it without back talking her the entire time. I enjoyed her last show. I love quotes and some quotes that I liked from her show:
"I've talked to nearly 30,000 people on this show, and all 30,000 had one thing in common -- they all wanted validation. ... They want to know, do you hear me? Do you see me? Does what I say mean anything to you?"
"There's a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing that you are worthy of being happy. Your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough."
Below, she talks about her calling. I think about a calling a lot and I have no idea what my calling is. Sometimes, I feel like it is to just be a mother. Maybe I will have an a-ha moment and it will hit me.
"This is what I was called to do...Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to find it."
Talking about how she got to where she is, Winfrey credited God. Which God? "I'm talking about the same one you're talking about. The Alpha and Omega. The Omniscience, the Omnipresent, the Ultimate Consciousness, the Source, the Force, the All of Everything There Is, the one and only G-O-D."
Some may think the quote below is wacky, but I like it:
"Nobody but you is responsible for your life. You are responsible for your life. What is your life? What is all life? What is every flower, every rock, every tree? Energy. And you're responsible for the energy you create for yourself, and you're responsible for the energy that you bring to others."
I hope everyone has a Happy Memorial Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment