Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

First off, we salute the U.S. military for their service to our country. For those in service, their family, friends, and loved ones, Thank You for your sacrifice.

I want to teach Madeline that Memorial Day is a time for remembrance. A time to re-educate ourselves on the sacrifice others have made for the idea of a strong and free country.

I did not grow up in a Military family, but my Step Dad served and a friend called him over Memorial Day weekend to thank him for his service. When I heard the gratitude in his voice and saw the tear in Rick's eye while talking to his friend, I saw how important this holiday is for so many people. From that point on, I will not only think of Memorial Day as the unofficial kick off to summer, excuse for a long weekend, a time for family cookouts, but most importantly as a time to remember servicemen(women), their families, friends and loved ones.

We headed to PB for the weekend. We spent lots of time outside, cooked out, enjoyed family and friends. My step dad went and bought little flags and took them to the cemetery to place on his family members' graves, which I thought was very sweet. We got to spend time with my Dad too. He was in town trying finish their move to Louisiana.

Friday, Ben and his friends went to Widespread Panic and then him and John Coke played lots of golf. We had a wonderful weekend!


Madeline and Gracie loved playing in the blow up pool.
These pictures make Madeline look like a little girl.
Madeline: 14 Months
Gracie: 2 1/2 years





At the end of the Day, Madeline wanted us in the pool so I jumped in with my clothes on.
While in there, I decided to strip Madeline down and give her nighttime bath at the same time.




 









I have to admit that I think she was happy to be back in her own tub once we got home.


We came back early Monday morning so Ben could play in a golf tournament and Madeline and I hit up the pool. Madeline's Grandmommy met us at the pool and then we headed to their house for some Bar-B-Q.

Next time, I will have to do better taking pictures of all the family members!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment