Tuesday, August 2, 2011

16 Months Update










Wow, I cannot believe my sweet baby girl is 16 months old! On July 24, Miss Madeline turned 16 months old. She has become a big Momma's girl and LOVES her baby doll. She covers and wraps her baby in a blanket over and over again. She feeds her, loves on her, pats her back and puts her to sleep. She is very interested in babies. I think her being around the Elliott Triplets has increased her baby curiosity. She loves to tickle the triplets

We have a toy tunnel and Madeline loves it. She used to be scared of it, but now loves to play and hide in it.
She will rock back and forth in it and say "rock, rock, rock, rock".

Loves the pool and to swing. She loves being outside! She is now very interested in Birds and will point and say bird.

She repeats almost everything we say. I love when she says "Love You" back to us. I was pretty proud the other day when she said "Thank you" after I handed her smoothie to her, and the other night, after Ben said bedtime prayers, she beat me to the Amen. I was shocked when she said it. Her Love You and Thank You are not pronounced perfectly, but you can understand what she is saying.  She is talking quit a bit. Her school and our church nursery have both acknowledged that she is a big talker.

She still LOVES the dogs, and calls a lot of dogs Abby(my mom's dog). She says Pucci, Lulu, Gracie (Penixes Lab), Angel (my mom's other dog)

On the mornings Ben gets her out of bed , I hear her start saying Momma, Momma, Momma. I love that! I think she just wants me to sing our 2 morning songs.

She sleeps 11 hours every night and usually takes a 2 hour nap. It has gotten easy to put her to sleep, but she still takes a bottle at bedtime, which we need to stop very soon! Our routine: I hold her, Ben says nighttime prayers, I sing(quietly) A-men, A-men, A-men, Amen, Amen, bedtime kisses, I give her a bottle, then she takes her paci and she is out for the night.

She loves to feed herself. Most of the time, she refuses let us feed her. She LOVES fruit! Not a big meat eater, but she really, really likes fish. We have a smoothie everyday. I always put spinach/fruit, coconut milk or almond milk with lots of other healthy ingredients and she (and I) love them. She says moothie instead of smoothie.

This girl is on the move at all times. Like I always say, she has her Daddy's energy level, which I am very happy about.

Loves to walk around in Mommy or Daddy's shoes.

Has lots of teeth.

She loves to bring us socks to put on her. Sometimes she ends up with 7 pairs of socks on. It looks like she is wearing a cast.

This girl loves to clean. She loves to wipe things clean, throw items in the trash and pick up items. The other day, she saw a piece of dog food one of the dogs dropped. She ran over, picked it up and put it in the dog food bowl. I usually try to keep her away from the bowl, but I wanted to see what she was going to do so I let her put it back.

She likes to clean, but she can also make a huge mess! She can get so much stuff out and spread it across our house in a matter of minutes.

Still loves music and to dance. We are so excited about Kindermusik starting back for the fall semester in a few weeks! She loves to sing and do the movements to ring around the rosie.

Still has leg rolls, but she is starting to get longer and leaner. I want her to stay chubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment