Last Sunday, our Church hosted a neighborhood back to school block party. Our church is located right off of Emma Street in Springdale. There was a HUGE turn out! Our church collected school supplies to hand out, offered immunizations, hair cuts, dental check ups and lots of yummy food. This was the first one and based on the turn out, I assume the church will try to host it again next year. This is definitely a program I want to get more involved with next year. I remember getting so excited about going school supplies shopping and clothes shopping right before school started. I hope this event allowed kids to experience that same excitement right before they started school!
There were also pony rides.......
Madeline kept pointing to the pony's hair and saying "bow"
She loved riding the pony! Madeline is fearless
First snow cone......
Madeline did not understand why she could not get in this bounce house.
There were lots of big kids in this one, not like Connor's party we just left with only tiny kids in the bounce house. Finally, she just wanted to go over and touch it.
There was a band playing and Madeline enjoyed doing a little dancing while we ate our yummy bar-b-q with all the fixins!
No comments:
Post a Comment