Day 3 we headed to the outlet Mall for some shopping.
Madeline was not a fan of the shopping part, but she loved the playground.
Once Ben finished golfing, he took Madeline home so I could shop a little while.
Lunch at a Burger joint by the mall.
That night Ben and I made shrimp tacos, with fresh pico, fresh Guac, cheese dip and black beans. Everyone loved it. This is a recipe that Ben asks for a lot. I got the recipes off of Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP sight. Click Here for the recipes.
Day 4 (Wednesday)
Madeline, Ben and I started our day at the Donut Hole.
Then we hit the beach!
Madeline was brave. She kept wanting to walk out deeper an deeper in the ocean. She loved the waves splashing against her. Once we were pretty deep for her size, she sat down lower so the waves would be close to her face. The she looked up at me and she was licking her lips tasting the salt that had splashed on her face.
Watermelon snack.
And I had a ham and cheese sandwich on the beach, which was delicious. I only mention this because I am not a fan of deli meat, at all. It grosses me out. Most of the time, I would rather starve than eat deli meat, but I had one on the beach and it was so good. Maybe the atmosphere helped me get past the thought of deli meat. Someone once told me that deli meat is a liquid at some point and that sounds so strange/gross, unnatural to me and I have never gotten over that image. I think, I need to try some deli ham one day and see if I still like it at home.
The (sad) little sand castle Ben made for Madeline.
I think we need to work on our sand castle skills before next summer!
Filling up the castle mote
No comments:
Post a Comment