Monday, November 21, 2011

Festive Saturday!

We woke up Saturday and Madeline had lots of fun playing in her Daddy's sock drawer.



Then we headed to Sutton's 1St Birthday Party!
Ben and I love watching Madeline grow up with Addison and Sutton. Ben always has fun stories to tell of him and JE growing up together.
It was a Hog theme so all the kiddos had on their Razorback attire.




Precious Birthday Boy with his Grandmother



Madeline thought Sutton needed some help opening his presents. I was surprised she was so interested in them. She may be more into opening presents on Christmas morning than I expected.


Madeline loved her party favor.....
and she loved picking her Hog nose. Much more fun than picking your real nose!

Madeline napped during the 1st half of the game. When she woke up we got her ready, headed to US Pizza to watch the game, ate and then headed to the square to watch the Lights of the Ozark light up and the parade.



Ben gets excited just like a little boy, which is one of the many traits I love about him. I think I captured that boyhood excitment in the picture below. This was right when they turned the lights on.



Madeline was a little scared of the parade at first.


Then she got into the parade and started to wave...
The picture below was taken after her school float passed. She saw her teacher Miss Jessie and started reaching for her and crying and yelling Jessie as it passed...... It went on for several minutes.....

The crying for her teacher continued until the parade of corvettes passed. I am not sure why, but she LOVED them. She started waving like crazy when they passed. This was definitely her favorite part of the parade. I do not care for Corvettes, but Madeline sure does. I drive like a grandma, but Madeline may take after her Dad and drive extra fast and like sports cars like my Dad does.
Speaking of driving like a Grandma, I have never been pulled over for speeding. Isn't that crazy! The only time I have been pulled over  was when I was very, very pregnant with Madeline and I was driving my mom's car. I was pulled over right in front of Dillard's doors for her tags being expired!  Really,  you are pulling me over in a mall parking lot. I pulled the I am 9 months pregnant card but he did not give and told me his wife just had a baby 2 weeks before.

My favorite float was the McDonald's float.....

No comments:

Post a Comment