Friday, August 17, 2012

Surprise Part 2

I did not get pictures at the party, guess my hands were a little full...
We left the party early, walked next door to my Aunt Sue's house to get comfortable and relax before we headed back to the hotel. The kids had some cuddle time with Big!
The kids were troopers. It was probably 9 something when these pictures were taken.




Madeline found a blanket and covered Grandpa Rick up....


On the Road again.....
Leaving our hotel Sunday morning
This was Graham's first time in a hotel - Aloft in Franklin, Tennessee.

It was a quick trip, but worth every hour in the car. Even if one kid was constantly screaming on the last leg of the trip(3 hours) and I had them by myself. They both slept for approximately 20 minutes on the home stretch and I had to stop in Conway for gas, which woke Graham up. When we pulled out of the gas station, he started to cry and would not stop, which woke Madeline up. We stopped and took a sonic break in Morrilton and both kids got to sit up front for awhile. Once I put Graham back in the car seat and took off, he fell asleep. Madeline was wide awake and started screaming and looking over at brother with a mischievous smile. I watched her in the rear view mirror and  saw on her face that she was trying to wake brother up with her screams. Once she realized that plan was not working, she started throwing her blanket, stuffed animals, etc.... at him, which woke him up. She started crying because he had all of her stuffed animals, blanket, etc.... and Graham started crying because he hates his car seat. The ride was a little rough from that point on. Madeline even started to copy the sound of Graham's cry. Other than that, they were perfect the entire time. I have to admit they were in the car a lot over a 5 day period.

The special time spent with family and the lovely memories made it a trip I will never forget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment