Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Graham's 1st Birthday










 When Graham turned 1, he had been taking a few steps in a row for a few weeks but still preferred to crawl. The most he had taken was 8. He is a wild man that loves to climb! He will climb on a chair and stand up when you look away for a second. While we were decorating for his birthday party (pictures to follow), we looked away for a second and as soon as we looked back, he was 3/4 up Grandmommy and Grandads stairs, very steep stairs. Madeline was not a climber so this is new territory for me. He will even climb on his little table at home, stand up and beat on the mirror. 
He takes after his daddy and is a very, very picky eater. This is also new territory, Madeline has always been a wonderful eater. He will spit something out in a second and throw it on the floor. Very verbal (baby talk) and uses his hands a lot while talking. Says Momma and Dadda and points to boss us around to tell us what he wants or where he wants to go. Knows sign language for more and will tell us when he wants more. The sunday after his birthday, I let him try a donut. After his bite he was talking in his language, pointing at the donut box and signing more! I do not blame him.
He was still sleeping in our bed and still woke up through out the night. He had not slept through the night his entire life! Wants everything his sister has. If she takes something away from him, his temper shows. He turns a little red, screams and leans in for a bite. He is very loving and calm, but his sister knows how to get to him.  Loves to copy us, puts phone up to his ear. Loves to play in the pretend kitchen and loves to empty measuring cups, bowls, pots/pans, out of cabinets and drawers.

I think the best way to describe Baby Graham is a Cuddle Bug! For example, when we walk into the church nursery, all the girls want him because he wants to sit there, cuddle and be loved on. He is like that all the time and we love to cuddle with him. He is changing so much everyday and I know we only have a very short period of cuddle time with him before he is off running... He LOVES all his grandparents and is always happy to see them.

He went to school the day of his birthday so we had dinner at Grandmommy and Grandad's that evening. I was sad to be with him that day, but I showed up with a little birthday gift for him to open. I smiled when I saw his school sheet, it said: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WE LOVE YOU!!! Which is one of the reason I love him going to school 2 days a week. He loves it and the teachers love the kiddos!

Happy, Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!! You light up our lives!
























No comments:

Post a Comment