Monday, January 3, 2011

Random Things around our house

This was supposed to post a couple of weeks ago. I noticed it was still a draft today so I decided to post anyway. Since it is about random stuff, I am adding a few new things.

By the way, I wanted to note that while Madeline and I were sleeping when the ball dropped on New Year's, our sweet Ben came in and gave us both a New Year's kiss to ring in the New Year. What a sweetie. He said we were out and neither one of us moved. I did not note it in my New Year's post because I did not know that it had happened at that time. I hope Madeline reads this one day and realizes that her Daddy was her first New Year's kiss ever!

We rearranged our office yesterday and made it into a playroom. It is still in the process, but we like the change so far. We came back from Christmas with so many toys and something had to be done. I said from the beginning that I do not want Madeline to have tons and tons of toys, but that is easier said than done! Once she is old enough, we will have her donate a few toys when she brings in new ones. Again, that is probably easier said than done.


My new favorite drink: I hardly ever drink canned drinks but this is a favorite that I found at Ozark Natural Foods last week.

Check out the cover of the top of the can. I love that it keeps the drinking area clean!
I love the packaging, that it has orange juice in it, all natural ingredients and the flavor. For some reason, it makes me feel special while I drink it.

Originally typed a few weeks ago:

Last week I mentioned to someone that I missed Madeline's mohawk. Well, when she woke up from her nap, this is what her hair looked like.



I am not a big TV person (except for the Today Show) and I do not want Madeline to watch TV until she is older and then it to be limited (mean mommy, I know). I have put it on Yo Gabba Gabba just to see if she responds to it and she could care less. The other day she grabbed the remote and put it on AETN (what she always puts it on) and I did not change it.  All of a sudden a noise got Madeline's attention and she looked up and was mesmerized by the show for a few minutes. Unfortunately, the show was Barney! With all the new shows out, the only one that has caught her attention is Barney! We are in trouble. I grabbed the camera to take pictures.
Luckily, she quit watching it after a few minutes and she went back to crawling and playing.






We ran a few errands early Saturday morning. When we got back we were changing Madeline's clothes and diaper and she was not happy so I picked her up (she knew we were getting her ready for nap time). All I have to say is this baby girl is ready for the official start of winter. Ugg Boots- Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment